Training Course: Jalview Glasgow 2016 One Day Workshop
Length: 1 day
Location: University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
Protein, RNA and DNA multiple sequence alignment and functional analysis workshop using Jalview
This one day computer based hands-on training course is designed for life sciences graduate students and researcher scientists who works with proteins, RNA and DNA sequence data. The course will involve presentations, hands-on exercises and demonstrations. Plus, there are opportunities during the day to discuss your own analysis problems with the Jalview developers. Participants are given a Jalview training manual.
The course is suitable for both Jalview novices and experienced users who would like to learn more about Jalview’s capabilities.
The course is on Friday 14th October from 9.15am - 5.00pm in the Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, Room CV309b, Coville Building, 16 Richmond Street, Glasgow G1 1XQ.
Course Aims: to provide training in how to use Jalview multiple sequence alignment visualisation program to visualise proteins, RNA and DNA data.
Course materials: https://www.jalview.org/tutorial/training-materials/2016/Glasgow/
- Introducing Jalview and its capabilities
- Launching Jalview from a web browser
- Loading, editing and saving sequences and alignments
- Selecting and creating groups
- Colouring sequences and figure generation
- Undertaking multiple sequence alignment
- Viewing annotation and features
- PCA and tree analysis
- Working with 3D structures
- Protein prediction analysis
- Working with RNA sequences and integrating cDNA and protein analysis
Time: 9.15am - 5.00pm
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and lunch provided
Course: Jalview workshop
Location University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
Duration: 1 day
Posted date: 2016-08-26