History of the project
Building JalviewJS yourself
- Read the Getting Started as a Jalview Developer
- Download or clone Jalview’s source repository and build it (see build instructions).
- Download a zip archive of the Eclipse Java Development distribution for your platform. Unpack it in to a new directory.
- Execute Jalview’s gradle build script with the jalview-js target:
gradle -Pjalviewjs_eclipse_root=<_directory where you unpacked Eclipse_> jalviewjs
If JalviewJS was correctly built, you should see files under build/jalview-js/site/ such as jalview_bin_Jalview.html.
5. Spin up a web server in the build/jalview-js/site directory, and test your JalviewJS build in the browser
cd build/jalview-js/site python -m http.server
Then open http://localhost:8000/jalview_bin_JalviewJS.html to open JalviewJS with an example file.
To keep up with latest developments, please get in contact via the gitter chat or sign up at our issue tracker to follow issues.