We are pleased to announce the first Jalview release of 2018!
The Jalview 2.10.3b1 bugfix release is distributed under a new Open Source codesigning certificate ("Open Source Developer, JAMES PROCTER") and includes improvements to the web client for EnsemblGenomes, and fixes the following bugs in the Jalview Desktop:
- Only one structure is loaded when several sequences and structures are selected for viewing/superposing
- Alignment doesn't appear to scroll vertically via trackpad and scrollwheel
- Jalview hangs if up/down arrows pressed in cursor mode when cursor lies in hidden region at start of alignment
- Helix annotation has 'notches' when scrolled into view if columns are hidden
- Annotation column filter can be slow to reset (ie after hitting cancel) for large numbers of hidden columns
- User preference for disabling inclusion of sequence limits when exporting as flat file has no effect
Jalview can be launched via Java Webstart (for anyone with an up to date java installation), downloaded as a locally installable package, and as a source tarball. You can also install Jalview on the command-line via Bioconda.