1. Save your work and shut down Jalview
2. Open a Terminal window (use spotlight or the Launcher and type 'Terminal' to locate the Terminal App), and type:
defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool NO
3. Start Jalview again and load an alignment to check that the fonts are now legible.
Jalview 2.10.5 is a minor release that includes critical patches for users working with Ensembl, RNA secondary structure annotation, and those running Jalview on OSX with Java 10.
- Windows File Shortcuts can be dragged onto the Jalview Desktop
- Use HGVS nomenclature for variant annotation retrieved from Uniprot
Date: 28th May, 2018 (from 9:30 to 16:00)
Place: Cité Scientifique, Villeneuve d'Ascq
Instructor: James Procter (Jalview Coordinator, Division of Computational Biology, School of Life Sciences University of Dundee, UK)
This minor release is the last in the 2.10 series. It includes critical patches for maintaining access to public web services, compatibility with Java 10 on OSX, efficiency improvements a revised 3D structure chooser and more reliable SIFTS sequence-structure mappings.