BBSRC Eastbio Doctoral Training Partnership PhD workshop for the students from St Andrews, Dundee, Edinburgh and Aberdeen University.
“Jalview – Dundee born and bred software to interactively visualise, analyse and present your multiple sequence alignments” by Dr Suzanne Duce & Dr Jim Procter at 11:00 – 12:00
“Dataviz’ in 30 mins: Do’s, Don’ts, and where to learn more” by Dr Jim Proctor at 12:00 – 12:30
1. Save your work and shut down Jalview
2. Open a Terminal window (use spotlight or the Launcher and type 'Terminal' to locate the Terminal App), and type:
defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool NO
3. Start Jalview again and load an alignment to check that the fonts are now legible.
Jalview 2.10.5 is a minor release that includes critical patches for users working with Ensembl, RNA secondary structure annotation, and those running Jalview on OSX with Java 10.
- Windows File Shortcuts can be dragged onto the Jalview Desktop
- Use HGVS nomenclature for variant annotation retrieved from Uniprot
Date: 28th May, 2018 (from 9:30 to 16:00)
Place: Cité Scientifique, Villeneuve d'Ascq
Instructor: James Procter (Jalview Coordinator, Division of Computational Biology, School of Life Sciences University of Dundee, UK)