What's new in Jalview 2.10.5 ?
Jalview 2.10.5 is a minor release that includes critical
patches for users working with Ensembl, RNA secondary structure
annotation, and those running Jalview on OSX with Java 10.
- Jalview's default memory limit increased to 1G.
If you have
problems starting Jalview 2.10.5 and you have 1G or less
physical memory on your machine, you will need to reduce the memory allocated to
- EPS, PNG and SVG export now includes hidden sequence
markers, and representative sequences are marked in bold.
- Ensembl Client updated for Ensembl Rest API v7.
latest Ensembl API is not backwards compatible with earlier
versions of Jalview, so if you require Ensembl functionality you
will need to install this release.
- Improved support for VIENNA extended dot-bracket notation
for RNA secondary structure.
- Positional and selected region highlighting in VARNA
'trimmed sequence' view made more reliable.
The full list of bugs fixed in this release can be found in the 2.10.5 Release Notes. The
majority of bug fixes and improvements in 2.10.5 are due to Jalview users
contacting us via the jalview-discuss email list. Thanks to everyone
who took the time to help make Jalview better !
Jalview and Java 10
This release addresses a critical bug for OSX users who are
running Jalview with Java 10 which can prevent files being saved
correctly through the 'Save As' dialog box.
- OSX: The 'Open File' dialog for Jalview's Groovy Console
appears with the title 'Save As', and attempting to select a file to load yields a FileNotFound exception.The workaround is to first clear the 'Untitled' filename before selecting the file you wish to load.
- OSX: Links don't open when clicked on or via the Sequence or Alignment window popup menu.
- OSX (Webstart): Jalview only displays old news feed items